Our priorities continue to be:
- protecting our residents, clients and employees by minimising the spread of the virus through our community as much as possible
- ensuring we are fully prepared if any member of our community tests positive to the virus, so we can contain the virus, care for those infected and action the appropriate isolation requirements.
What we are doing
- Visitors to Alwyndor are required to undertake temperature checks, answer health and travel related questions and show evidence of their 2020 influenza vaccination on entry, they are required to wear a mask throughout their visit.
- All employees undertake temperature checks at the beginning of their shift and wear masks when they are within 1.5 metres of a resident or when offering personal care in a private home.
- Our employees are skilled in infection control and the use of PPE and strict hygiene practices are used at all times.
- Designated COVID marshals are at all social, therapy and wellbeing groups.
Our restricted visiting times
- Tuesday to Friday 9.30am - 6.00pm. Customer care will be open until 6.00pm to accommodate signing in however we do ask that all visits are finished by 7.30pm to allow residents to settle into their nightly routine.
- Saturday 9.30am – 3.30pm.
** Memory support visitors please note that for interim security purposes we are not enabling swipe card access via our Cecelia Street entrance.
Visits continue to be restricted to 2 visitors per resident per day in resident’s rooms, Alwyndor Gardens or Dorothy’s Café.
Residents are able to leave Alwyndor for social leave. We ask that you keep these outings to times consistent with our visiting hours.
Please note that group outings are still not permitted.
We are welcoming interstate visitors if they have come from low community transmission zones.
Children under 16 are allowed to visit Alwyndor, and babies under 6 months may attend without influenza vaccinations.
We continue to be mindful of surge and spread of COVID-19 interstate and overseas and continue to do all we can to ensure we all stay safe here at Alwyndor.