On 12 March, Alwyndor celebrated the annual Dorothy Cheater Awards. In honour of Dorothy Cheater's birthday and legacy, the awards recognise and celebrate staff and volunteers for upholding the Alwyndor values.
Kim Cheater, Dorothy’s grandson and Chairperson of the Alwyndor Management Committee, opened the ceremony by reflecting on the caring person his grandma was and her legacy which has carried on to this day.
The awards recipients were:
- Wellbeing Award: Support at Home Co-ordinator Team
- Courage Award: Customer Care Team
- Accountability Award: Tania Blundell, Care Worker
- Respect Award: Dan Miller, Therapy Assistant
- Excellence Award: Ann Rice, Customer Relationships Coordinator
- Safety Award: Housekeeping Team
- Judge's Choice Award: Jo Buxton, Lifestyle Assistant
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Ollie Orr
The Dorothy Cheater Award, the highest accolade for Alwyndor staff, was awarded to the Cheater Care Team for displaying the Alwyndor values every day.
The event also recognised milestones of long service reached by a number of dedicated staff, ranging from 5 to 32 years, and provided a chance to farewell Bernadette Wilson and Teresa Slysz who celebrated their retirement.
Congratulations to all the award winners and the nominees.