Update to Alwyndor’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - 13 May 2020
Dear Alwyndor community
It has been great to see so many of you enjoying visits here at Alwyndor once again. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we have refined our approach to these ‘managed visits’. Since Monday 4 May to date, 323 people have visited and whilst we understand it’s not ideal we know most visits have been very successful, some of our residents and their families even made the ABC news on Mother’s Day!
We continue to review our approach on a regular basis focused on the safety and wellbeing of your loved ones, and indeed all of our customers.
Our priorities remain:
- protecting our residents, customers and workforce by minimising the spread of the virus through our community as much as possible
- ensuring we are fully prepared if any member of our community tests positive to the virus, so we can contain the virus, care for those infected and action the appropriate isolation requirements.
Consistent with our most recent communication on Tuesday 28 April this email outlines recent changes locally and nationally and our revised approach to visiting Alwyndor.
Visits to Alwyndor
You would be aware that Federally and State restrictions are being lifted gradually in line with the 3-Step Framework released on Friday 7 May.
Alwyndor has continued to be proactive in relation to the safety and care of your loved ones and taking into consideration the Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes during COVID-19 released by the Federal Government on 12 May, together with the arrangements we already have in place, we will be continuing to enable families and friends to visit their loved ones on a regular basis and have increased our daily staffing to support this approach.
All visits booked for this week up to and including Friday 15 May will remain as per your bookings.
We are now making bookings available for Saturday 16 May 2020.
We will then be offering visits Tuesday through Saturday each week until 6 June 2020 at which time we will again revise our approach and advise you of any changes at that time (unless of course any events occur in regard to COVID-19 and Alwyndor’s safety and wellbeing).
Our ongoing visiting arrangements will be as follows:
- visits will be held in the main common area in Alwyndor: the Café area and Hub (Main Entrance, off Dunrobin Road).
- no one under 16 years of age will be allowed access
- one visit per resident per day with a maximum of two people per visit to a maximum of 30 minutes
- all visitors must sign in and out of Alwyndor and bring evidence of their 2020 influenza vaccination (please see below*).
- have their temperature taken and respond to questions regarding personal health i.e. flu like symptoms, runny nose etc, as well as checking for any interaction with anyone who has COVID-19, any recent interstate travel etc.
- all visitors must abide by the social distancing rules in place, remaining 1.5 meters apart.
Alwyndor reserves the right to refuse visits to anyone who does not meet these criteria.
Visits to residents who are currently unwell or have mobility issues: these will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
Please call Customer Care on 8177 3200 to book your visit.
As required by the Federal Government, any person now entering an aged care service is required to have their flu vaccinations updated. The South Australian Emergency Management Legislation (#3: 10 April 2020) requires provision of appropriate evidence of this prior to entering an aged care service. Please provide your receipt or evidence that you have had your flu vac to the reception staff and should you require an Alwyndor ‘Proof of Vax’ card please just let the staff know. You will need these cards for continuous entry to Alwyndor.
As always, the best interests of your families and loved ones is at the core of our business and our provision of care.
Thank you again for the supportive messages many of you have sent to us over the past few weeks, as you know this has been a difficult time for us all
and while no decision making is perfect we continue to do our best to ensure that your loved ones are happy, remaining engaged and well.