Update to Alwyndor’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - 27 May 2020
Dear Alwyndor community
As you are aware we continue to regularly review our approach in response to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19, taking into account Federal and State requirements, with our focus always being on keeping our residents & staff safe.
Please note that revised arrangements in place for Alandale Memory Support will continue as per the current arrangements and that exceptional needs arrangements will continue as negotiated.
We are pleased to advise as of Tuesday 2 June visiting hours will be between 9.30 - 1130am & 1.30 - 3.30pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
Visiting arrangements, consistent with the Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes during COVID-19 are as follows:
- There will be no need to make an appointment
- Visit your loved ones between 9.30 - 11.30 am or 1.30 - 3.30pm
- Visits to be held in resident’s rooms, Alwyndor Gardens or Dorothy’s Café
- Access through main entrance (Dunrobin Road).
The following conditions continue to apply:
- All visitors are required to sign in and out
- Evidence of 2020 flu vaccination is required
- Temperature checks will be taken
- Questions regarding health and travel
- No one under 16 years of age will be allowed access
- One visit per resident per day with a maximum of two people for a maximum of 2 hours
- Visitors must abide by social distancing rules ie minimum of 1.5m distance from others.
We ask that you please keep your visits strictly within the areas mentioned above and to the required timeframes to respect the wellbeing of our residents and staff.
If you have made an appointment for the week beginning Monday 1 June please note that these visits will now revert to the new times ie if you have an ‘am’ appointment please visit between 9.30 - 11.30am and if you have a ‘pm’ visit please visit between 1.30 - 3.30pm.
Other news updates:
- Our regular church services will be reintroduced from next week, social distancing will be maintained
- Volunteers will be invited to recommence their activity and support visits, again from next week, this means resumption of additional activities for some residents. All volunteers will be required to comply with influenza vaccination requirements as well as other health checks as per all visitors.
As always, the best interests of your families and loved ones is at the core of our business and our provision of care.
Thank you again for your ongoing support as we move through this difficult time, as I’ve previously noted no decision making is perfect and we continue to do our very best to ensure that your loved ones are happy and remain engaged and well.
If you have any queries please feel free as always to contact myself, Natasha Stone (acting RSM) or the Customer Care Team on 8177 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org