We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (NDB) scheme and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
You can visit our site freely without having to register or subscribe for any services.
- Key Terms
- Information about Services supplied by us
- What personal information do we collect about you?
- How do we use your information?
- What other information do we collect?
- Is my information safe?
- Where is your information held?
- What are your rights?
- Contacting us about privacy
We, Us, Our
| Alwyndor – City of Holdfast Bay (trading as Alwyndor) is a not for profit organisation operating in Adelaide, South Australia whose
registered office is at Dunrobin Road, Hove, 5048 Australia.
|Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly
or indirectly, to an identified or identifiable living natural person, including but not limited to: (i) Identifiers such as a
real name, alias, postal address, healthcare provider identifier – individual (HPI-I), online identifier Internet Protocol address,
email address, account name, driver’s license number, Medicare number, passport number, or other similar identifiers; and (ii)
any financial information (including bank account or payment card numbers) used to pay for our Services and/or products.
|Services||Any services relating to healthy ageing that we may provide to you|
Changes to this policy
Information about Services supplied by us
Our services relate to the delivery of dementia and aged care, palliative care, rehabilitation and therapeutic care of older people. In order for you to receive our services, we will require certain information regarding you and your health and wellbeing.
In order to provide Services, we collect information from you and in the following ways:
We only collect personal information if it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the requested service. We only collect health information if we are providing a health service to you or where it is reasonably necessary for other activities and you have given consent.
Our reason for collecting personal information will normally be apparent from the way it is collected and if not, it will be explained at the time of collection. If at any time our purpose for collecting your personal information is not clear, please raise your concerns with the person collecting your information or contact us using the contact details at the end of this document.
What personal information do we collect about you?
- You access any of our services
- You engage with our questionnaires, promotions, surveys or provide responses to our marketing and engagement activities
We may also collect information when you:
- Register or book an appointment for any Services provided by us
- Make an enquiry (about any of our Services or complete a form on our website)
- Participate in discussion boards and/or other social media functions on our site
- Sign up to information regarding our Services
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Reviews that you submit about our Services
- Register to use our website and/or subscribe to any of our Services (including newsletters and marketing communications)
- Correspond with us in relation to your account or our Services
- Report a problem with our site
- Enquire about or submit an Employment application through our site or affiliated sites
Information about you
The types of personal information which we obtain from you will depend on the nature of your relationship with us – whether, for example, you are a resident, customer, job applicant, contractor, supplier or staff member. The types of personal information we may collect about you include your:
- Date of birth
- Address, telephone number(s) and email address
- Government identifiers (such as your Medicare number)
- Medical history
- Emergency contact details
- Bank and credit card details
- Employment history and educational background
- Demographic information, including gender and occupation, or special categories of personal data may be submitted when you respond to an online job application or marketing survey. We will only collect the minimum information required to provide right advice or services, and is only collected with your consent
- User generated content you submit to our public forums (for example, our Blog or any of our Social Media pages)
- Information about your customer service history with us
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of our Services.
Any new personal information you give to us – for example, on each occasion you receive services from us – may be added to our records. You do not have to give us the information we request from you. But please note that not doing so may impact on our ability to provide you with the services you require.
We collect information from you directly in order to provide Services and this consists of both personally identifiable information, health information as well as anonymised data. The type of data collected depends on your level of engagement, Services you are receiving and the requirements to deliver that Service.
How do we use your information?
We will only use your personal information for:
- The primary purpose(s) for which you have provided the information
- A secondary purpose related to the primary purpose(s) of collection
- A purpose you have consented to
- A purpose otherwise permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal or health information to:
Other people such as your next of kin, your appointed representative or your carer (unless you request otherwise)
Your General Practitioner or other health professionals involved in your health and wellbeing
State and federal authorities such as the SA Health, the Commonwealth Department of Social Services, Australian Aged Care Quality Agency or private health funds
What other information do we collect?
We automatically collect the following information about visitors to our site.
- IP Address
- Operating System
- Browser ID
- GeoIP (country from which the visitor is located)
- Landing Page
- Referrer page
- Exit page
- Click tracking
- FAQ Interaction
- Time On Page
- Search Terms
Information we collect from third parties We may also collect the following information provided by third parties and automated technologies:
- As part of the automated collection of data, we and our third party service providers may use server logs, cookies, web beacons, Google Analytics and other similar technologies.
- If you like or follow posts on social media or post to our feeds (including Twitter and Facebook, amongst others) then we may collect information about your account such as name, username, email address and content relevant to our Services.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Is my information safe?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, and hold is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal information you provide is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmission over the internet. Alwyndor does not accept responsibility for the security of information transmitted to or from us via the internet. Subject to our legal obligations, we do not retain personal information any longer than necessary and we de-identify or dispose of it appropriately when it is no longer required.
Where is your information kept?
Personal information kept by Alwyndor is located within Australia; in printed form is stored in a secure premises; in electronic form, it is held in secure storage systems requiring login details and passwords. Access to personal information is limited to those who specifically require it to conduct their responsibilities.
What are your rights?
You have the right to access your personal information and request its correction. Please contact us using the contact details at the end of this document if you wish to view and/or correct any personal information we hold about you. For security reasons, a written request may be required to access your personal information. We are committed to granting you access to your personal information within a reasonable time frame. We will not refuse you access unless there are legal reasons for doing so. In such circumstances, we will explain those reasons to you.
If you have any concerns or wish to lodge a complaint regarding the privacy of your personal information, please forward the details in writing to Alwyndor at the postal or email address listed at the end of this document. We will respond within a reasonable period and in the manner requested if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 992. Alternatively, you can send written enquiries to email@example.com or GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
For further information about privacy issues in Australia, you can visit the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
Contacting us about privacy
If you would like to discuss these, or any other issues relating to privacy, call us on +61 8 8177 3200, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at 52 Dunrobin Road, Hove, South Australia, 5048.