Alwyndor is open for visitors 7 days a week between the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am - 6pm
- Weekends: Enter via Dunrobin Rd main entrance only using the entry keypad. Customer Care reception will not be staffed on weekends or public holidays but we ask that all visitors continue to register via the self-check-in stations at reception.
- If you wish to visit outside of these hours or require the code for after-hours/weekend entry, please call us at 8177 3200.
Note: These opening hours may change at short notice if impacted by restrictions due to COVID or other illnesses. Please see the COVID updates.
All our requirements are in place to ensure your visit is managed to meet your needs and maintain a safe, welcoming environment for all visitors, residents, and staff.
- All visitors are required to check in and out using the Zipline self-check-in stations.
- Please follow the instructions and Customer Care staff are available weekdays to assist.
- While no longer mandated, we strongly encourage visitors to take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) (negative) on each visit. We can supply a RAT if requested.
- While no longer mandated, we prefer all visitors be fully vaccinated against COVID and have received the current year's flu vaccination.
- Follow all other restrictions or protocols that may be applied from time to time during COVID or other infection outbreaks – or as directed by Customer Care or other staff.
Updates can be found on our COVID updates page.
- Please follow all other infection control measures (washing hands, social distancing where possible, etc)
- Do not visit if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have any cold or flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID.
- Treat our staff with respect and courtesy while they work to assist you during your visit to Alwyndor.
Dorothy's Café, located inside the main entrance at Alwyndor, provides the perfect place to take a break and enjoy a coffee.
The café offers a range of drinks, light meals, and hot and cold snacks.
Dorothy’s Café is open from 8.30am to 3pm on weekdays and from 9.30am to 3pm on Saturdays.
Our Gardens and Facilities
Everyone – including members of the public is welcome to enjoy the gardens off of Dunrobin Road. Walk, sit, exercise your dog (clean up after them), or just relax under the wisteria arbour or next to the Japanese-inspired pond and garden.
Residents and their visitors also can enjoy the rear gardens including access to the outdoor gym, mini golf, and herb and vege gardens.
BBQs are available free of charge and we will provide you with a cleaning kit to help make your bbq time a great experience.
You can also use one of the two rotundas for family gatherings and celebrations. Bookings preferred. Contact Customer Care to discuss.
The gardens are part of our resident's homes so please treat them with respect, be mindful of noise levels, and take only pictures when you leave.
Hair Dressing Service
Alwyndor Hair Salon provides a full range of hairdressing services for residents and clients of Alywndor forboth men and women, including cuts, color perms, and styling for special events.
Open Tues – Fri 9am to 5pm by appointment and bookings are made directly with the salon on 81773200.