Occupational therapy involves on-going assessments to identify the activities and occupations that are important to you, and any barriers that prevent you from participating and achieving your personal goals.
Our occupational therapists are skilled at developing a therapy plan to assist you in achieving your goals with the aim of enhancing your life skills as well as bringing meaning and purpose to your life.
Alwyndor’s occupational therapists are skilled at prescribing devices and therapy equipment to help you do the activities you want and need. They have extensive experience working with older people with a wide range of disabilities resulting from disease, injury, and age-related changes, such as vision, hearing, balance, coordination, memory and confusion.
Specifically, our occupational therapists can help you by:
- Achieving a safer, more accessible home that enables participation in everyday life (i.e. home modifications)
- Mobilise safely using the appropriate devices and aids
- Prescribing equipment and education on its use
- Planning for the change of life role that comes with retirement
- Providing education and strategies to cope with age-specific illnesses, e.g. dementia
- Helping with ergonomics
- Assisting with pain management
- Education on adaptive technology
- Providing hand therapy