Who is this group for?
- Clients with no cognitive deficit
- Independently mobile with no walking aid
- Clients needing an active exercise group
- Clients who can work at a moderate to high intensity level
- Clients that can get up and down from the floor
What happens in the group?
Your group class will be led by one of our trained therapists. In the group you will participate in:
- Active warm up
- Mat-based Pilates focusing on core muscles and general movement, strength and balance
- Exercises on your back, side, all fours and standing
- Using different pieces of small equipment including: Pilates ring, therabands, theraloops, and chi ball
- Cool down and stretching
Benefits of the class
- Requires initial assessment with physiotherapist
- Group leader is trained physiotherapist
- All clients have an annual review with the physiotherapist (or more frequently at the request of the client or the group leader)
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?
How much does a class/session cost?