Who is this group for?
- People with a diagnosis of mild to moderate dementia
- Mobile with stand-by assistance with/without walking aid
What happens in the group?
This group is coordinated by our occupational therapy team and supported by our trained therapy assistant. The group features:
- Seated group socialisation
- Supported conversations that target different memories and stories using stimulating cues
- Shared morning tea
- Guided themed activities targeted to help improve cognitive function
- Seated range of movement and balance exercises
Benefits of the class - Maximise cognitive function and socialisation through:
- Requires initial assessment with occupational therapist
- Group leader is trained allied health assistant
- All clients have an annual review with the occupational therapist
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
How much does a class/session cost?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?