Who is this group for?
- Women at risk of social isolation due to impaired health or mobility, loss of peer group or other factors
- People without cognitive impairment or those who have mild cognitive impairment
- People who walk with/without a walking aid
What happens in the group?
- Seated group socialisation
- Supported conversations that target different memories and stories using stimulating cues
- Shared morning tea
- Guided themed activities targeted to help improve cognitive function
- Seated range of movement and balance exercises
When is the class
Every Thursday 1:30pm - 3pm
Please call ahead to book.
- Requires initial assessment with an occupational therapist
- Group leader is a trained allied health assistant
- All clients have an annual review with the occupational therapist (or more frequently at the request of the client or the group leader)
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
How much does a class/session cost?