Who is this group for?
- People who would like to do exercise using weights, but find it hard to use gym-based machine equipment
- People who require to sit down frequently due to pain or health problems
- People without cognitive impairment or those who have mild cognitive impairment
- People who walk with/without a walking aid
- May have diagnosis of a chronic condition
What happens in the group?
Your group class will be led by one of our trained therapy assistant team members. In the group you would participate in:
- Warm up
- Combination of seated and standing exercises using small and light weights including dumbbells and ankle weights (must have adequate skin integrity for ankle weights)
- Cool down/stretching
When are the classes?
- Mondays 1.15 pm - 2.15 pm
- Tuesdays 1.15 pm - 2.15 pm
- Thursdays 11 am -12 noon and 2.15 pm - 3.15 pm
- Fridays 9.30 am -10.30 am and 1 pm -2 pm
Please call ahead to book.
Benefits of the class
- Requires initial assessment with a physiotherapist
- Group leader is trained allied health assistant
- All clients have an annual review with the physiotherapist (or more frequently at the request of the client or the group leader)
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?
How much does a class/session cost?