Who is this group for?
- Men at risk of social isolation through deteriorating health or mobility, loss of peer group or other factors
- People without cognitive impairment or those who have mild cognitive impairment
- People who walk with/without a walking aid
What happens in the group?
This group is coordinated by our occupational therapy team and supported by our trained therapy assistant. The group features:
- Seated group socialisation
- Shared morning tea
- Directed discussion or activity and general conversation
- Occasional outings (for example lunch at local hotel or a bus trip)
Benefits of the class
- Requires initial assessment with an occupational therapist
- Group leader is a trained allied health assistant
- All clients have an annual review with the occupational therapist (or more frequently at the request of the client or the group leader)
- Some clients who have transitioned into residential living at Alwyndor are supported to continue in this group in order to maintain established relationships
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
How much does a class/session cost?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?