Who is this group for?
- People who have issues with balance or have a history of falling
- People who walk with/without a walking aid
- People without cognitive impairment or those who have mild cognitive impairment
What happens in the group?
Your group class will be led by one of our trained therapists. In the group you will participate in:
- Strengthening session using weights
- Education about falls prevention delivered by allied health therapists
- Balance circuit with a mixture of supervised and independent stations
- 10-week program
Wen are the classes?
- Thursday 1pm -2.15pm and;
- Friday 2pm -3.15pm
Please call ahead to book a class.
52 Dunrobin Road,
Hove SA 5048
Benefits of the class
- Requires initial assessment with a physiotherapist
- Group leader is physiotherapist with an allied health assistant
- All clients have a review with the physiotherapist on completion of the group which includes future planning for ongoing exercise either through another group or home exercise program
- Group is short term (generally a 10-week program)
Who is eligible for Therapy and Wellness services?
What type of referral do I need for Therapy and Wellness services?
What do I need to bring to a group class?
What happens if I am unable attend the class?
Do I need to make a booking for therapy or group wellness sessions?
How much does a class/session cost?