Who is this group for?
- People who have issues with balance
- People who walk with/without a walking aid
- People without cognitive impairment or those who have mild cognitive impairment
- People able to move independently between stations
- People who may have attended Upright for Life and require further balance work
What happens in the group?
Your group class will be led by one of our trained therapists. In the group you will participate in:
- Standing aerobic warm-up (+/- holding chair)
- Circuit activities incorporating balance, strength and fitness stations
- Balloon, ball and Chi Ball balance work included in warm down
- Input from a physiotherapist about individual balance issues
- Sessional input from a podiatrist about impact of foot problems and footwear on balance and falls prevention
When is the class
- Wednesdays 9.30 am -10.30 am
Please call ahead to book.
Benefits of the class
- Requires initial assessment with a physiotherapist
- Group leader is physiotherapist
- Group is short term (generally ten weeks)
All clients will have a review with the physiotherapist after ten weeks attendance which incorporates planning for ongoing exercise either through a group or home exercise program